- Collection of Personal Information
- The information collected by Captured by Catherine from you assists in personalising and improving the experience for customers. Such information is utilised primarily to ensure supply of goods and services to you, the customer. Such information includes:
- name and address;
- contact phone number;
- email address;
- product preferences;
- information regarding promotions and other service offered by Captured by Catherine; and
- information pertaining to all events and/or membership components.
- Captured by Catherine will not collect sensitive information without your consent, unless it is necessary for such information to be collected for an activity or function, and will not collect any such information in a secret or dishonest way.
- Use of Personal Information
- The primary use of personal information is for the purposes listed under the heading, Collection of Personal Information, above. However, we will use and disclose your personal information for the approved purposes and in a variety of ways associated with the approved purposes, including the following:
- to assist in the development of information technology, systems maintenance and development;
- to assist in the development of information technology requirements, systems maintenance and developmental issues;
- to analyse information for product development, marketing and research purposes and to improve and extend our range of services;
- to investigate and resolve complaints concerning the provision of services by us or others associated to us;
- marketing directly to you in accordance with the National Privacy Principals;
- disclosure of your personal information to any other organisation or person involved in carrying out any necessary function or activity on our behalf, including complaints handling and fraud prevention, whether within Australia or overseas;
- disclosure of your personal information in a manner authorised or required by law;
- for any unrelated secondary purpose to which you consent; and
- for compliance with any legislative and regulatory provisions
- Moreover, we shall not utilise personal information without taking reasonable steps to ensure that the information is accurate, complete and up to date.
- Disclosure of Personal Information
Captured by Catherine may use and disclose your personal information for approved purposes and in a variety of ways associated with approved purposes. This includes the following:
- Captured by Catherine may disclose personal information to related or unrelated third parties if consent has been obtained from you.
- Captured by Catherine may disclose personal information between related body corporates. In circumstances where information is disclosed to related body corporates, they are bound by the original primary purpose for which the information was collected.
- Captured by Catherine may disclose personal information to unrelated third parties to enable outsourcing of functions for purposes including, but not limited to billing, customer relations management and order fulfillment. This will be done when such disclosure is within your reasonable expectations.
- Captured by Catherine may disclose personal information to law enforcement agencies, government agencies, Courts or external advisors where permitted or required by law.
- Captured by Catherine may disclose personal information to avoid an imminent threat to a person’s life or to public safety.
- If disclosure is not for a primary purpose, then it is for a related secondary purpose. If disclosure has not been obtained, then Captured by Catherine will not disclose your personal information, unless for the reasons documented at clauses 3(a) to 3(f).
- Captured by Catherine does not generally sell or share its customer lists on a commercial basis with third parties, but in the event that we did, it would be done only if the appropriate consent of the individuals have been obtained. In this circumstance, Captured by Catherine will take steps to ensure that the use of its customer list by the third party does not exceed the scope of the content.
- Security and Quality of your Personal Information
Captured by Catherine will take reasonable steps to ensure that any of your personal information that is collected, stored, used or disclosed by us is accurate, complete and up-to-date. To do so, Captured by Catherine shall do the following:
- Captured by Catherine will review its collection and storage practices on a regular and ongoing basis to determine how improvements to accuracy can be achieved.
- Captured by Catherine requires its employees and contractors to perform their duties in a manner that is congruent with our legal responsibilities in relation to privacy.
- Captured by Catherine will take all reasonable steps to ensure that all paper and electronic records that contain personal information will be stored in a facility that will not allow unauthorised access.
- Captured by Catherine will review its information security practices on a regular and ongoing basis to determine how improvements to security can be achieved.
- Access of Personal Information
Captured by Catherine shall take reasonable steps to limit access to personal information by doing the following:
- Captured by Catherine will allow access to personal information records by the relevant individual, should such requested access be in accordance with the Privacy Act.
- Captured by Catherine will correct its personal information at the request of the individual concerned as soon as practicable, and in accordance with the Privacy Act. Should an individual wish to correct their personal information, they should contact Captured by Catherine directly.
- Captured by Catherine may charge a fee for process of an access request if such a request is complex or resource intensive.
- Cookies and other technologies
- As is standard practice on many corporate websites, Captured by Catherine utilises cookies and other technologies to assist us in determining what components of our website are most popular, and to ensure that our online advertising is bringing customers to our products and services. Cookies may also be utilised to study traffic patterns and most importantly, to ensure that your experience in interacting with us is convenient.
- Are Your Personal Account Details Stored Safely?
Captured by Catherine shall take reasonable steps to ensure the security of personal information held by it from such risks as loss or unauthorised access, destruction, use, modification or disclosure of data. Captured by Catherine only permits your details to be accessed by authorised personnel.
This Privacy Statement may change from time to time. These changes shall be highlighted in this area at the time of amendment.